Parks Canada Hiring Fire Management Officer
Basics of Job
The government of Canada is searching for candidates and providing opportunities to work as fire management officer. The selected. Candidates will be provided satisfied working environment with appropriate salary status. The candidates has to work in a dedicated team of fire operations , wildlife fuel management , prescribed fire and wildlife suppression services and so on.
Job offering authority
Park Canada Agency
Area of Operation
Parks Canada terra Nova National park (Glovertown Newfoundland and Labrador)
$65,066- $79,168.(currently under review)
Most important information provided
Note: It is one of the important aspect for candidate to mention their reason in application form for which they are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship , permanent address or work permit.
• You should carry knowledge of key government of Canada acts and /or policy related to ecological integrity and ecosystem management that apply to parks Canada agency.
• You should also have knowledge of ecosystem , principle , functions and management.
• You must have good grip of knowledge of fire management strategies and tactics for both wildfire and prescribed fires.
• You should carry good ability to plan and implement complex wildfire , prescribed fire and fuel management projects.
• Their should be abilities to plan , organise wildfire operations , supervise a team of fire operations specialists
Moreover , you should have the ability to communicate effectively, conduct field studies related to vegetation management for example topography of land , whether conditions and so on.
• You should be able to connect with others personally , share park Canada’s vision , make things happen and take responsibility.
• The candidates must carry a gradation degree from a recognized university with a acceptable specialization in a field to the position or acceptable combination of education.
• A Successful course holder in advanced Wildland Fire Behavior .
• The applying candidate should have a latest experience in gathering, manipulating and proper analyzing spatial and non- spatial data.
• One should carry a recent experience in dealing with contracts.
• One should have experience in dealing and maintaining collaborational partnerships.
• The candidate should have enough of experience regarding supervision skills and good leadership qualities involved for handling the wildlife management services.
• Experience is meant to be performed only if done for a minimum timeframe of 2 years(24 months). Recent indicates that the work is done within last five years.
Conditions for Employment
• The candidate must owns a class 5 driving license.
• candidates will be required to undergo medical checks as pre selection procedure, which are given below-
Occupational health assessment , moderate fitness status , capacity test SOP, possess and maintain wilderness First Aid and CPR certificate.
• The candidates can be asked for providing their degree as proof.
Preference will be given to the person who has served in Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) for minimum 3 years of time frame and should not be working in some other public service department. This preference is valid for those who has been the CAF years ago.
How to Apply
All the candidates find themselves eligible can apply online only , through Public Service Resourcing System.
Last Date to Apply: April 15, 2020.